Sichern Sie Ihren PC mit dem Imaging, wie Norton Ghost und ShadowProtect. Dieser Vorgang führt eine vollständige Kopie von Ihrem PC, einschließlich der Daten und Programme. Auch wenn Sie tun es nicht jeden Tag, auch ein Backup-Image alt genug sparen Sie Stunden verlorener Produktivität und Frustration, wenn Sie PC große Probleme haben, auf Ihrem. Hier ist ein Ansatz für Menschen mit mehreren PCs in einem Heim-oder Büronetzwerk.
Das Problem
Image Recovery
I was after a friend facebook. It is a very smart businessman and a university professor. It was as if he on the phone with Dell (Dell.com) was for hours. His $ 4,000 PC, of which 1.5 years in his 5-year warranty was bad work. The office has been closed was damaged. He could not even software. After several hours on the phone with Dell, to decide to cancel your computer clean and reinstall the operating system Vista and had all its applications. He understands that it takes another ten hours.
A solution
If he had made earlier recently a backup image from your PC at any time in the, he would probably have his computer back in less than half an hour. Depending on how his old backup, you can still download programs or data that was added since the backup to install. This is probably better than anything to reinstall.
This is how I do it on my home NetzwerkPC:
first I have Norton Ghost (Symantec.com) or ShadowProtect (Storagecraft.com) installed on all my PCs.
second Each PC automatically a copy of the first hard drive every morning. These are incremental, so they are only the changes from the previous day and the backup runs fairly fast and not sink into your PC even if someone needs to use one of them.
third The PCs are all networked, so I go back to a Network Attached Storage (NAS). I use a Buffalo LinkStation (BuffaloTech.com). These little boxes look just like a network drive for PCs. They are easy to install on your network. Just connect your network switch or router as you would with any PC.
4th Once a week, every PC also provides a complete disk image. I think a total of two complete sets of images for each PC (complete with its disk image täglicheninkrementelle updates). This means I can point my PC back to where he last week was on every day and up to two weeks depending on when the entire last image was created.
Both tools, Norton Ghost, ShadowProtect will walk you through the creation of a backup system guide, as was I above.
The estimated cost
first Norton Ghost / ShadowProtect: currently $ 35 to $ 65 per PC. Find bargains, sales, discounts torn or open box sites such as Amazon.com, Ebay.com, CheapCheapCheap.com, etc..
second NAS / LinkStation: now $ 100 - $ 250 Again, I always look for deals online. My strategy is to know what I need and then wait for a while "pop-up.
to observe things first
What do I need a NAS? Currently, about 235 GB hard drive backup image 500-300 GB PC backup image on my NAS. So a NAS with room for about 33% more than what I used to work istfür me. This is how much space I'm currently using on my PC (Total Space less space, if you look at "My Computer"), not the total size the hard disk. If you plan to use the space to grow then you need to estimate higher. When I see my NAS backup space begin to be filled, I inevitably do not find unwanted files and programs can I remove from my PC and re-insert my backup hard drive easily NAS.
second If I run the backup? My PCIN the early morning of every half hour (from 04.00 clock, the first and the second at 4:30, etc..) Staggering back up is more time and space to try more efficient than running them all at once (which takes more time and more space to NAS run at a time).
third What happens if I image need to restore backup ? ie usually means that you first got the PC to the disk that came with your backup software. This puts you in dieExecutive program is running, the PC (instead of Windows / Vista) that your PC is by restoring from a backup image .
you know, you should regularly back up your PC. I have an approach with imaging software that shows worked well for me years ago. Now, go back up your PC!
Not Secure networked PCs - "picture" it instead for a greater level of protection software
0 comments:
Post a Comment